The Blue Nile credit card allows you to finance large jewelry purchases at a 0% interest rate. While the Blue Nile site does not promise instant approval, it does suggest you can “purchase upon approval” after creating a Blue Nile account and logging in to apply for financing.
The special zero-percent financing is offered on purchases of $500 or more:
- When you make a purchase of $500 to $1499.99, you’ll get 6 months to pay off your purchase with no interest charged.
- When you make a purchase of $1500 or more, you’ll get 12 months to pay off that purchase with no interest charged.
One thing to note: these 0% offers are “deferred interest,” which means you must pay off every penny that you owe within the 6-month or 12-month promotional period. If you don’t, you will get charged all of the interest that would’ve accrued since the day you made the purchase — meaning you’re getting no deal at all, especially since the card has a high 29.74% interest rate.
If you make an even larger jewelry purchase, you can pay it back at a reduced interest rate of 9.99% over a longer period of time. Specifically:
- For purchases of $2000 – $2999.99, you get 24 months financing.
- For purchases of $3000 – $3999.99, you get 36 months financing
- For purchases of $4000 – $5999.99, you get 48 months financing
- For purchases of $6000 or more, you get 60 months financing
Unlike the 0% offers above, this 9.99% financing is not deferred interest. You will be charged 9.99% interest during the promotional financing period. If you have not completely paid off your balance at the end of that period, you will only be charged the regular interest rate on the balance that remains. (But remember that the regular interest rate is 29.74%!)
The Blue Nile credit card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank.