The Score Rewards credit card is the official name of the Dick’s Sporting Goods credit card. It is an instant approval / instant decision credit card that you can use at Dick’s as well as at Field & Stream and Golf Galaxy stores. In addition, if you qualify for the MasterCard version of the card, you can make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted. (When you apply, you are first considered for the Dick’s MasterCard. If you don’t qualify for that, you could be approved for the store-only credit card.)
You can apply for the Dick’s credit card in a Dick’s or Field & Stream or Golf Galaxy store, or you can apply via mobile device at DSG.com/apply or text “APPLY” to 51801. For whatever reason there is no Dick’s online credit card application for standard desktop computers.
The Score Rewards credit card offers a reward points program. Every time you earn 300 points, you’ll get a $10 certificate good toward a future Dick’s/Golf Galaxy/Field & Stream purchase. You earn those points in this way:
- 2 points per dollar on Dick’s and Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream purchases.
- 1 point per every $3 spent on purchases elsewhere (This obviously applies only to those who’ve qualified for the MasterCard.)
- The Score Rewards credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank.
- You can choose to forego reward points on certain larger purchases. For example, you might get a 0% interest rate on your purchases over $399 for a limited period of time. These special financing offers change, so check with your local store.
- The interest rate on both Dick’s credit cards was 23.74% last we could tell, the rate is probably higher now.
- With an interest rate over 20%, most card applicants are likely to be accepted, even with average to bad credit. However, there is no guarantee of acceptance and no guarantee of instant approval.