If you are a college student looking for an instant credit card, these cards may give you the approval you want, though it is not guaranteed:
- Capital One Journey Student Rewards Visa – You may get instant approval with this student credit card, because Capital One says it will “will attempt to provide a decision in 60 seconds or less.” If you are approved, you’ll get a nice student card that gives you 1.25% cash back every month that you pay on time, though they’ll knock it down to 1% in any month that you’re late. No annual fee. The 20.49% interest rate is high but not totally out of line for student credit.
- BankAmericard for Students – No-frills student credit card has no rewards but you could get an interest rate as low as 11.49% (but also as high as 21.49%). Online application says you could “get a response in as little as 60 seconds” though there is no guarantee an instant response equals an instant approval.
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards For Students – “Get a response in as little as 60 seconds.” Offers cash back in the form of 3% on gas, 2% on grocery store/wholesale club purchases, and 1% on everything else. (The 3% and 2% categories revert to 1% after you $2500 in such purchases within a calendar quarter.)
- BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa – “Get a response in as little as 60 seconds.” Get 1.5 points per dollar charged to the card, and then use points to offset travel charges to the card at a rate of a penny per point. (Example: 10,000 points = $100 worth of travel expenses.)
- U.S. Bank College Visa – US Bank says “Many of our checking accounts and credit cards offer instant approval.” That definitely is no guarantee that this card does, but it might. No rewards or amazing features but the card has no annual fee and your interest rate could be as low as 12.74% (but could be as high as 21.74% if you have bad credit or no credit history).