You want instant approval AND rewards? Well, that’s actually pretty easy to do. Below is a list of credit cards with rewards programs and instant approval. Some require good credit, others are willing to go a little easy on you even if your credit is less than perfect…
- Capital One Quicksilver Visa – This rewards credit card gives you 1.5% cash back on all your purchases, simple as that. They also say that “Capital One will attempt to provide a decision in 60 seconds or less.” Interest rate range from 13.49% to 23.49% depending on your credit history.
- Amazon.com Rewards Visa – “Most applications are responded to in less than 60 seconds.” If you are instantly approved, you can immediately start earning rewards points on purchases on Amazon.com and anywhere else Visa is accepted — 3 points per dollar on Amazon.com purchases, 2 points per dollar on gas, restaurant and drug store purchases, and 1 point per dollar on everything else. (Amazon Prime members get 5 points per dollar on Amazon purchases.) Redeem points for cash, gift cards, other rewards.
- Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express – The message “Get a decision in as little as 60 seconds” is shown on almost all American Express online card applications, and this rewards card is featured most often. You get 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (1% cash back after $6000); 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations; 2% cash back at certain U.S. department stores; and 1% cash back on other purchases. Interest rate as low as 13.74% but possibly as high as 23.74% depending on your credit history.
- Barclaycard CashForward MasterCard – This rewards card gives you 1.5% cash back on all your purchases, and it promises an “instant decision” on your application. In addition to the 1.5% rebate, every time you redeem your earnings (once you’ve earned at least $50), you’ll get an extra 5% of the redemption amount put into your account to help you get started toward your next rebate.
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa – “Get a response in as little as 60 seconds.” Offers 3% cash back on gas purchases, 2% rebate on grocery and wholesale club purchases, and 1% cash back on everything else. Note the 3% gas and 2% grocery rebate is good on up to $2500 in combined purchases in those categories each quarter. If you spend beyond $2500 on gas and groceries, the 1% rebate will kick in on those purchases. Interest rate could be as low as 13.49% for very good credit customers but as high as 23.49% for those with average/fair credit.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited – Chase does not advertise this as an instant approval card, but a member of our staff just got the card and was approved instantly. Your reward here is 1.5% cash back on all your purchases.
- Nordstrom Credit Card – If approved, you can “start shopping right away” with the Nordstrom Visa or retail store rewards credit card. Earn points on every card purchase that you can redeem toward “Notes” (reward cards toward future purchases). If you spend at least $100 with the card the day you are approved, you’ll get a bonus $20 Note immediately.
- Walmart Credit Card – You can apply for this rewards card and not only get instant approval, but actually use the card today if you choose. It gives you a 3% rebate on Walmart.com purchases, a 2% rebate on Walmart & Murphy USA gas, and a 1% rebate on everything else. Good credit customers will qualify for the Walmart MasterCard that offers the rewards mentioned above; those with less-than-perfect credit may only qualify for the Walmart Store Card that can not be used outside of Walmart (and thus wouldn’t qualify for the 1% rebate on purchases outside Walmart).
- Cabela’s Visa – Offers 2% in rewards on Cabela’s purchases and 1% in rewards on all other purchases with the card. Use points toward future purchases at Cabela’s. This credit card piggybacks on the existing Cabela’s Cub loyalty rewards program, allowing you to increase your point totals from what the basic program usually offers.