You want instant approval AND rewards? Well, that’s actually pretty easy to do. Below is a list of credit cards with rewards programs and instant approval. Some require good credit, others are willing to go a little easy on you even if your credit is less than perfect…
- Capital One Quicksilver Visa – This rewards credit card gives you 1.5% cash back on all your purchases, simple as that. They also say that “Capital One will attempt to provide a decision in 60 seconds or less.”
- Amazon.com Rewards Visa (or Prime Rewards Visa) – “Most applications are responded to in less than 60 seconds.” If you are instantly approved, you can immediately start earning rewards points on purchases on Amazon.com and anywhere else Visa is accepted — 3 points per dollar on Amazon.com purchases (or 5 points per dollar on Amazon purchases in you are an Amazon Prime member), 2 points per dollar on gas, restaurant and drug store purchases, and 1 point per dollar on everything else. Redeem points toward Amazon purchases or for cash, gift cards, other rewards.
- Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express – The message “Get a decision in as little as 60 seconds” is shown on almost all American Express online card applications, and this rewards card is featured most often. You get 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (1% cash back after $6000); 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations; 2% cash back at certain U.S. department stores; and 1% cash back on other purchases.
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa – “Get a response in as little as 60 seconds.” Offers 3% cash back in one spending category of your choice (from a list that Bank of America lets you choose from), 2% rebate on grocery and wholesale club purchases, and 1% cash back on everything else. Note the 3% category and the 2% grocery rebate is good on up to $2500 in combined purchases in those categories each quarter. If you spend beyond $2500in those categories combined, the 1% rebate will kick in on those purchases.
- Uber Visa – Nice rewards on this no-annual-fee credit card that offers instant approval to many applicants. Get 4% cash back on dining purchases, 3% back on hotels, airfare, and vacation rentals, 2% for online purchases (which includes Uber rides), and 1% on anything else you buy with the card.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited – Chase does not advertise this as an instant approval card, but a member of our staff just got the card and was approved instantly. Your reward here is 3% cash back on all your purchases in the first year, then 1.5% on all purchases every year after that.
- Nordstrom Credit Card – If approved, you can “start shopping right away” with the Nordstrom Visa or retail store rewards credit card. Earn points on every card purchase that you can redeem toward “Notes” (reward cards toward future purchases). If you use the card for any Nordstrom purchase on the day you are approved, you’ll get a bonus $40 Note toward a future purchase.
- Walmart Credit Card – You can apply for this rewards card and not only get instant approval, but actually use the card today if you choose. It gives you a 3% rebate on Walmart.com purchases, a 2% rebate on Walmart & Murphy USA gas, and a 1% rebate on everything else. Good credit customers will qualify for the Walmart MasterCard that offers the rewards mentioned above; those with less-than-perfect credit may only qualify for the Walmart Store Card that can not be used outside of Walmart (and thus wouldn’t qualify for the 1% rebate on purchases outside Walmart).
- Cabela’s Visa – Offers 2% in rewards on Cabela’s purchases and 1% in rewards on all other purchases with the card. Use points toward future purchases at Cabela’s. This credit card piggybacks on the existing Cabela’s Club loyalty rewards program, allowing you to increase your point totals from what the basic program usually offers.