If for some reason you are partial to MasterCard credit cards, below we offer a list of MasterCards that may offer instant approval:
- Walmart MasterCard – If your credit is good enough, you’ll be instantly approved for this MasterCard that you can use immediately (in fact you’ll get 10% off on up to $250 in card purchases). However, note that if your credit is not as good, you might instead be approved for the Walmart credit card that is only accepted at Walmart stores.
- Barclaycard CashForward MasterCard – This rewards card gives you 1.5% cash back on all your purchases, and it promises an “instant decision” on your application. In addition to the 1.5% rebate, every time you redeem your earnings (once you’ve earned at least $50), you’ll get an extra 5% of the redemption amount tossed into your account to get you started on your next rebate.
- BankAmericard MasterCard – Bank of America no-frills MasterCard has an interest rate as low as 11.49% (but you could be approved at a rate as high as 21.49%), and you have the option to transfer a balance from a higher-rate credit card at a 0% interest rate for 18 months. (There is a 3% balance transfer fee, though.) No rewards with this card. “Complete your application and get a response in as little as 60 seconds.”
- Capital One Platinum MasterCard – Not the most appealing credit card, unless maybe you have bad credit — no rewards and a 24.99% interest rate. However, Capital One does say that they “will attempt to provide a decision in 60 seconds or less. However, in some cases we need to collect additional information to make a decision.”
- Dick’s Sporting Goods MasterCard – Apply online via your mobile device at DSG.com/apply or in a Dick’s store and be approved instantly in most cases. This MasterCard earns points that lead to Dick’s $10-off certificates. Get 2 points per dollar on Dick’s, Field & Stream, and Golf Galaxy purchases, and 1 point per dollar everywhere else.
- Overstock MasterCard – “Apply. Be Approved. Use your card in as little as 60 seconds.” This online store’s MasterCard gives you a $40 statement credit after you are approved and use the card for the first time. You can then earn ongoing Overstock rewards at Overstock.com and anywhere else MasterCard is accepted.
- Shell Platinum MasterCard – “Receive an immediate response” when you apply for this MasterCard that gives you 10 cents off per gallon of Shell gas — provided you spend at least $500 with the card in the month. Discounts of 15 cents or 20 cents if you spend over $1000 or over $2500 in a month.
- TJX Rewards MasterCard – Be approved for the MasterCard credit card of TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Sierra Trading Post, and you’ll get a $10 rewards certificate right off the bat, plus the opportunity to earn points toward future TJX store purchases. Note that if your credit history is not very good, you could be approved for a TJX store-only card (good only at TJX stores) instead of the MasterCard.